Z-Wave: What it is and What It Means for Your Smart Home
If you’re not a total techie, the world of smart home technology can sometimes be a little intimidating to navigate. We’re here to break it down for you:
What is Z-Wave?
Z-Wave is a wireless protocol that focuses on connectivity within the smart home. It uses low-energy radio waves to let smart devices communicate with one another. (For a comparison, think that the Z-Wave connectivity range is bigger than that of Bluetooth, but smaller than that of Wi-Fi.)
How is Z-Wave connectivity different than Wi-Fi?
With Wi-Fi, everything has to be connected to a central hub—like a router. Z-Wave connectivity, on the other hand, forms a mesh network. This means that all the Z-Wave devices link up together.
Usually, there will be one central hub that connects to the internet, but all the devices themselves don’t have Wi-Fi capabilities; instead, they use Z-Wave connectivity to talk to each other and to the central hub.
This source-routed mesh network topology has 232 nodes, which means that you can connect 232 smart devices to the network.
How is Z-Wave different than Zigbee?
Basically, Z-Wave was designed to be simpler to use and less expensive than Zigbee.
Plus, while both Z-Wave and Zigbee form mesh networks, Z-Wave operates on a 800-900 MHz frequency range, instead of Zigbee’s 2.4GHz frequency range. This means that Z-Wave gets much less interference than Zigbee.
What does Z-Wave mean for your smart home?
Z-Wave connectivity means that you can easily build a smart home that is customized specifically for your needs.
All Z-wave devices (of which there are over 24,000) are completely interoperable with one another—no exceptions. This means you have the flexibility to create a smart home network unique for your lifestyle.
Plus, Z-Wave’s new 700 series (announced at CES 2018) has a range of 100 meters for point-to-point contact, so you can outfit your home with smart devices, both inside and out. And, because this new platform operates on such low power, some sensors will be able to run for 10 years on a single battery.
Build your own Z-Wave smart home network. Start with a smart hub, and then add smart lighting, smart locks, smart sensors, and more to make your home a Z-Wave home.
NEO Coolcam NAS-PD01Z Smart Home Z-Wave Plus PIR Motion Sensor Compatible with Z-wave 300 series and 500 series Home Automation
Our Sensors Compatible With following brand alarm horst:Fibaro/Smarthings/Vera/Zipato/Iris/Wink.
Can't work alone.need work with their alarm host,Thanks.
Motion detection(Measure the light sensitivity)
Compatible with 300 series and 500 series
Range: up to 70m outdoor up to 50m indoor
Power supply: CR123A x 1
Standby current: 15uA
Battery life: 1.2 years
Detection range: 7 meters
Viewing angle: 90 degree
Operation temper: 0-40°
Storage temperature: -20-60°
Product size(D*W*H): 45x 45 x 48mm
Z-Wave Radio Frequency,please let us know which radio frequency you want to order,otherwises,we usually send EU version:868.4MHz
Z-Wave Radio Frequency:
1. WORLDWIDE SHIPPING. (Except some countries and APO/FPO)
2. Orders processed timely after the payment verification.Usually,we can ship in 1-3days.
3. We only ship to confirmed order addresses. Your order address MUST MATCH your Shipping address.
4. The images shown are maybe not the very accurated because we update our products all the time.Welcome to advice us if you find there is any mistakes on our product discription!
5. SERVICE TRANSIT TIME is provided by the carrier and excludes weekends and holidays. Transit times may vary, particularly during the holiday season.
6. If you have not received your shipment within 30 days from payment, please contact us. We will track the shipment and get back to you as soon as possible with a reply. Our goal is customer satisfaction!
7. We will send corresponding adapter to you based on your country.Please leave a message if you have special requirement.
8.Any extra custom duties or import taxes are not included.We will declare low cost for you.Please contact us if you want to delcare real cost.
1. Please contact us if our products have problem.we will resend a new one or partial refund.please don't open a dispute directly!
2. All returned items MUST BE in the original packaging and you MUST PROVIDE us with the shipping tracking number, specific reason for the return, and your po#.
3. If the orders haven't arrived in time.please contact us,we will refund or exceed the protection time,then you have enough protection time.Please don't open a dispute directly.
We maintain high standards of excellence and strive for 100% customer satisfaction! Feedback is very important We request that you contact us immediately BEFORE you give us neutral or negative feedback, so that we can satisfactorily address your concerns.
It is impossible to address issues if we do not know about them!
Why choose us
There are so many ip cameras and other electronics products in shenzhen.We try out best to offer you a best price and good service.Hope you have a great shipping experience in our stores.Thanks